I am ready for spring! With Vermont weather anything can happen and I am sure we are in for a couple more dumpings of snow before its all over but I am ready for warmth and sunshine. So much easier to be outside and kick the boys out of the house when there isn't layer on top of layer, and hats, and mittens and neckgators. On a warm note we are looking forward to our annual trip to Florida. We are leaving in less then three weeks to visit Grandma Mary (Ken's mom) and Grandpa Joe in Punta Gorda. The kids have all tried on their warm weather clothing and we seem to be all set in that area. Remarkably things still fit, even their Crocs! I am sure by this summer they will have out grown a few things but nice not to have to run out and take care of it now. If I can get everything ready I am going to ship a box or two down ahead of us. With airlines charging for suticases its easier to ship the clothes now and have that much less to "deal" with the day of travel. None of the clothes needed down there are needed here for at least another month. I am also happy to report that I fit into my spring/summer clothes! Last summer with Lauren having been born in June, there wasn't much hope in getting into them. In 2008 when we came back from Norway in early June I was at my lightest that I have been since pre-kids and Ken, thanks in part to a tummy bug at the end of the trip. Then in September we got pregnant and you know how it goes from there.
I have been going to Bikrams Yoga which I abolutely LOVE. I have been going 3 times a week for the past 5 weeks up till this week. My knee has been bothering me a bit so I only went once this week. I can't get enough of it and I love what it does to my body.
Lauren will be 9 months old next Tuesday. Still a super easy, happy baby. She now has one top tooth getting ready to poke out, you can see the hole opening up but no tooth yet. She started eatinng cereal and solid food at six months. For the past three months we have been buying jarred food. I felt bad not making her food from the get go. When we get back from Florida my plan is no more jars. She is fine self feeding pieces of chicken (which she loves), cheese, salmon, bananas, avocados, cheerios and anything else on her approved list. The list is almost anything excepet nuts and nut products, egg whites, shell fish, citrus, I am sure I am forgetting something but you get the idea. It will be easier to start making her food now that she can handle the chunks a bit better and we have tested so many foods out that we are beyond the introducing one at a time phase. Lauren is still going down for her morning nap about two hours after she wakes in the morning and her afternoon nap is about two hours after she wakes from the morning nap. She is so happy and such a doll we are sooo lucky to have such happy easy going babies and kids. Her night time hasn't changed, she goes down at the same time as the boys or slightly after, usually betwewn 7 and 7:30 and sleeps straight through till 6:00-6:30.
Calvin has had a great winter. He has done a lot of skating on our pond and has been to the mountain several times. I think in all he has had three whole days and 2half days of ski lessons at Stowe. He really likes downhill skiing and can't seem to get enough of it. We might have him up there for a couple more Sundays before its all said and done, just playing it by ear with the weather. Its hard to realize how big he is getting and how fast it goes by, I don't like thinking about it and try to live only in the moment. Calvin has a few more loose teeth, one very loose tooth. He goes to the dentist in a couple of weeks. He has four adult teeth in tow on the bottom and two on the top. I am not an expert but I am guessing he will need braces.
Drew's favorite thing to do outside is to eat snow. We have skates for him but he has no interest in giving them a try, maybe next year we don't want to force it. Next year he will start at the mountain too. Although Drew says he wants to snowboard, which is fine. We will see what next year brings. Drew still has his mop of curls. We came close to cutting them this winter but are holding out for the humidity and lack of wearing a hat. He is getting a little matted looking from wearing a hat so often. Drew loves the Wii and the computer. It's definetly time to start fiquring out how much time is ok on the computer and using the Wii and how to earn time. We don't have any traditional games for the Wii, they are all sports type games and he loves to play tennis, bicycle (with his hands), sword fight and run races. Its pretty funny to watch but he will work up a good sweat going through the work outs. And he likes using the Wii fit, he likes to box, do Yoga and the balance games. We have Wii Sports, Resorts and Wii Fit.
Both he and Calvin are great on the computer, they have their own PC and can spend way too much time on it without help from us.
Right now we are having some work done at the house. We put a new wall in our what was a very long bedroom to create a large walk in closest! We are also dry walling a wall in our kitchen, the wall used to have paneling, and walling in our mud room. The resulting room will be the new dining area. It is big enough that we can always have the table extended for 8 and room to put the extra leaf in to be able to seat 12around the table.
Ken is well and has been working very hard. It has been a long couple of weeks with late nights, early mornings and nights away from home. He and Jon R. have a weight loss bet going with the big weigh in on March 17th, which is the day before the boys go in for their "procedure". Let's just say three kids for each of our families is it. They will recover together in our basement in the movie theatre room and watch March Madness 24/7 for a day or so.