Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lauren

Lauren turned 11 months on the 9th. She is finally starting to do some moving. She is now getting into a sitting position on her own, yes I realize this is a couple months past the norm. One she is definitely not in a hurry to do anything. Two she had very little tummy time, compared to what "they" suggest. With two older brothers and a dog she just wasn't on the floor as much as she could have been. Third, in the winter she sleeps in a sleep bag which is great, but also prohibits pulling up and moving around in the crib. I think a lot of pulling up and sitting practice happens in the crib. In any event Ken and I could care less, we have been down this road and know what happens when the moving starts. About two weeks ago she was sitting in her crib one morning, this morning she did it again. She also sat up on her own at Mor Mor and Pop pops this morning and in her Play Yard at moms work, she clearly has that one down. She has been working on crawling for a month or so. She is sort of crawling now. She is more pulling herself forward with her hands and scooting her knees up, soon I imagine she will be on up on her knees and hands, oh joy:) She is also getting close to pulling herself to standing. She has been able to support all her weight on her legs for a long time but just started to do it herself. She pulls up on to her knees. She loves to make zerbert noises with her lips and funny sounds with her tongue. She also loves to reach her arms out to be picked up, especially for Daddy. We are still nursing! So proud to have made it a year. I am looking forward to introducing some whole milk soon. I think I will work on eliminating the mid-day nursing, but continue with morning and evening nursing. Although it will be nice for Ken to be able to give her a sippy of milk on my mornings to sleep in. Right now he brings her in to nurse then takes her out for me.

Calvin has less then a month left of Kindergarten and pre-school/day care. We will be doing so much traveling this summer he isn't enrolled in anything. He doesn't quite grasp summer vacation yet, but is starting to get the idea. We do have one week in between school being over and before we leave for the Island, in which he will got to a church camp for a few hours each morning. Perfect timing as it coincides with my work so I can work that week. Calvin has discovered tree climbing and loves it. Quite a few weeks ago, he rode his bike on his own. We bought him a new bike, which he can use but it is a little big and he is intimated by it. We are working on getting him more comfortable on it. He is stretching and keeps surprising me with shirts and pants that all of sudden are too short for him.

Drew lost his curls:( He had been talking about a hair cut for a couple of weeks and we finally did it. He looks very handsome but his curls are so cute. I think Drew will always be curly and we will see them again. Drew is still at pre-school 3 days a week. During the summer he will drop to 2 days a week. That is the least number of days we could do and still get three days back in the fall. Drew is taking great pride in getting himself dressed. He has known how to do it for a long time, but it was like pulling teeth to get him to do. Drew used to be famous for "I can't" but all of sudden its "I can do it myself" and we love it. Granted its always sweatpants but we will take it. He actually has to wear sweats or elastic waists to school. Drew's derriere is so well endowed that he cant just pull pants up and down, he needs zippers all the way down buttons and snaps opened up and this can be challenging at school. Drew is wearing 5/6. Some things are too long for him, but his shoulders are so wide and he is so muscular, smaller sizes are too tight. Definitely a much different body then Calvin. With Calvin we couldn't keep pants from falling down he was so slender, with Drew we can't get them off.

Ken got into the Trout Club this year and had a fun couple of days out at the club with the opening festivities. Technically he is what is called an Applicant Guest, all the rights and privleges as a member but he can't vote. This is the first step in becmoming a member. The next step will be when/if he gets offered a membership. There are 200 members at the club. Ken has also had the boat on the Resevoir a few times fishing.

I am doing well. Ran 3 miles in the Wild Woman Run this past weeked. I did walk some but did much better then I thought I would and had a ton of fun!