Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Florida 2-26-->3-7/12

We went to Florida to visit Mary (Ken's mom) and Joe, we left 2/24 and came back 3/7.  We had a great trip.  We flew Direct Air out of Plattsburgh, NY.  It was our first time flying with them and probably our last (as of less then 2 weeks after we got back they suspeneded service).  It was a direct flight to Punta Gorda which was great, Mary and Joe live less then 5 miles from the airport.  The flight was fairly uneventful and the kids were ok.  Lauren proved to be a bit of a challenge but all in all not bad.  We had excellent weather, went to Venice Beach, Siesta Key Beach and Legoland, Ken and I had lunch with my Godfather and his daughter.  Its an annual lunch at the Crow's Nest in Venice.  Ken took the boys fishing with our good friend Jake's dad John Hynes, the boys had a blast.  Ken had an awesome day of golfing, got hime re-energized about Golf.  I got in some shopping, Mary and I took the kids to see the Lorax, lots of little meals out.  Sad news that Albrittons where I always got orange Ice Cream cones with Granny appears to be closed.  The sign said a temprary close so we will see but I'm not optimistic.  snifle, snifle

The kids had a blast in Florida and loved the pool.  Drew swam the long length of the pool unassisted several times and learned how to kick himself under to get diving toys.  Lauren fell off the steps once and under the water, Ken and I dove in fully dressed and got her, all was fine.  Calvin is working on diving and individual strokes.

Looking forward to next year...