Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Grade

Calvin started first grade on the 25th and is in his first whole week this week. So far so good, it has been very smooth and he seems to be doing great. He is enjoying the Cafeteria food. I am happy to make his lunch but we let him choose which he wants. We get monthly menus so he knows what he is having, so far a few of the meal choices since school started. Pizza, Burritos, Chicken Stir Fry, Grilled Cheese, Tacos, Spaghetti and make your own sandwich day. The cafeteria does a great job of using local, healthy meats and produce, Calvin is loving the food. Drew is back to three days a week of PS and Lauren is with me 24/7. On the days that Drew has school I work. Nice being back at work and getting some space from the boys and getting the boys space from each other.



Ken "threw" out his back last Thursday. Poor guy he has been in so much pain. From what I understand when you "throw" out your back you actually have a pulled muscle (a bad one). He was virtually bed ridden till Sunday. Today he is back at work and so far so good. There isn't much you can do and he isn't too interested in seeing a Chiropractor so you just have to ride out. On top of the back to school/work schedule Ken hasn't been able to do much with the kids and I am getting wiped. Lauren has woken up early the past two mornings, not good.



Last weekend the boys and I hiked the Pinnacle on Saturday, they did great and loved the view. It was so fun to do that with them. On Sunday we hiked Mt. Elmore with Mom and Dad. For the first time I carried Lauren on my back (a job generally reserved for Ken). I think back to back hikes might be a bit too much for the boys but we did it and overall had a great time.



Labor Day weekend is approaching.