Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Catching Up.

Happy New Year!

Oh where to start. Christmas has come and gone. The tree is down and the decorations are finally boxed up and stored away. The Christmas Cards are still up, but they will be down soon. the picture cards get saved for the photo album.

We had a very nice and fairly mellow New Years at the Cooleys with Kara and Steve. Mor Mor spent the night and we left as soon as Lauren was nursed and put down for the night. The boys were already in bed, so all she had to do was sing to them. Early on the 1st we went to a New Years Brunch in Stowe. Although the boys were invited we opted to leave them with their sitter. Morgan had them outside sledding all afternoon, tired boys love it! New Years Day the boys spend the night at Mor Mor and Pop pop's and we had a small Rose Bowl party to cheer on the Buckeyes. Thirteen people (and no kids!) came for Ken's chili and football. It was fun to get together with friends without all the children and have it not be a cocktail party or late night party. Normally relaxed late afternoon parties include children.

Christmas was great and Ken spoiled me rotten. He got me an itouch which I am completely addicted to. I am sure there is an app for itouch addiction. Ken also got me a great winter jacket, beautiful Turquoise Necklace, new Yoga mat, a great sweater, a couple of Buff Bandanas and some new punch cards for Bikrams! My mother in law got me a Yogi Toes mat which I used on Sunday, the mat was great and made a big difference-I am still sore, must get back in the routine. Christmas Eve we met Mor Mor at Church for the 5:00 family service, the family service is loaded with kids and family. The more traditional service is at 8:00 and midnight. Ken, Lauren and I played Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus for the impromptu nativity. We had a delicious Prime Rib Roast for dinner. After the kids were confirmed to be a sleep we brought out all the presents, lots and lots of presents. Mom and Dad spent the night and we all had a great morning.

On the 30th we bought a new car, we got a Yukon XL the ultimate Mommy wagon. It is a bit of a beast but with three kids and a heavy boat to pull we had to go huge. We traded in the Honda and the Jeep will be Ken's home car, he rents cars all the time for work so the Jeep is a better weekend car then the Honda.

Lauren is doing a great job with "solid" food. She is making her way through all the stage 1 foods. We have started to mix Wheatgerm into her food. She has also had plain Yogurt and Cottage Cheese. I didn't nurse the boys this long so transitioning to less nursing to solid food is a new one but I think we are doing okay. I am trying to get her two meals a day, by nine months I hope to have her on three meals a day. By meals I mean something other then mommy milk. She will continue to have milk in the morning and evening and here and there during the day.

Calvin will be 6 on the 18th, my little baby! I am sure there is more I can mention but I am getting tired. The boys are well, getting big. Poor Drew has had a cough for a month now, it seems to be a lingering cold season. He has been to the docs and not much to do but ride it out.

Oh, Jon and Ken cleared the pond on Saturday and we had the neighbors up and Jon and Jillian for skating under the lights lots of fun. Calvin got his skates out and did a lot better then last year and had more confidence. Calvin got x-c country gear for Christmas and has been out skiing and is doing wonderfully. Now we need to start squuezing in some downhill time.